K-Drama Review: The Inheritors/ The Heirs (Part 1)


Being a Korean Drama fanatic, I will watch the latest Korean Drama whenever I have the time. I watch them  to release stress and to learn some culture and language. My interest of watching dramas push me to write this page. 
                                "You just gotta share the top dramas right?" - Ez K.E.Y

Introducing

The Inheritors/ The Heirs,

Well, there's no need much for my introduction. SBS had promoted this drama way so hot that I searched for this drama back during August, photos of them filming circulating the internet only to find that they will broadcast during October.

If you're a fan of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye, you wouldn't miss this drama. A new version of Boys Over Flower that involve privileged, elite high school students that are groomed to take over their families' business empires. Instead of having F4 in school, they have a social hierarchy that puts Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) who is far poor from the others in a tough surviving position. 

You can read more about the plot and characters of this drama here. I suggest you to read it first before watching the drama so you can at least understand the outline of the drama as you watch. Sometimes it can get confusing as there more main characters compared to Boys Over Flowers. 

Personal Opinions
To be honest, although this drama is written by Kim Eun Sook.(who wrote Secret Garden and Gentleman's Dignity) I wasn't really  impress with the plot of episode 1 and 2. I felt that it was really awkward and lack of excitement  when I watched it; especially when they involved those American actors. Some English sentences felt half-hanging and incomplete. Perhaps it's because of me being an English student or maybe I watched a lot of American shows. To me, it just doesn't synchronize and appear really weird. 

However, in terms of the Korean actors you could see that Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye worked hard to play their role and they're really good. You would definitely fall in love with it because the story gets better in Episode 3, where Kim Tan( Lee Min Ho) returns to Korea. 

By the way, Kim Won Bin also did a great job in this drama, he really portray his bad guy character well. It was different from how he was in Running Man. Kang Min-hyuk had also improved a lot since his sloppy character in  Heartstrings.

What to expect?
I would say, expect cheesy teenage lines that could make your heart flutter when you watch Lee Min Ho say them, it would definitely remind you when he acted as Gu Jun Pyo(Boys Over Flowers), expect some of Park Shin Hye's tears as I find her expert in those parts. If you've watch You're Beautiful and Heartstrings you might agree with me. Do not expect it to be as romantic as Personal Taste which Lee Min Ho also acted  before, rather your expectation should be at teenage-love level, like Heartstrings, Boys Over Flowers or To The Beautiful You. 
My tuning of romance and fantasy in drama has been affected thanks to amazing acting and quality plot from Personal Taste and Queen In Hyun's Man. So forgive me. 

I watched 8 episodes so far, and will anticipate for more. Hope that the following episodes will able to captivate my heart not just because of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye acting in it, but for the quality plot and interesting story line. I'm not sure how this drama will end, but I can promise that I will definitely write a part 2 for this post at the end of drama. So continue to tune in as The Heirs Review Part 2 will be the conclusion of the review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Young and vibrant, I love of all things that are Beautiful. click intro